WATCH VIDEO: http://www.publicperspective.tv/show.asp?v=206
In late January, community lawyers Maryam Judar and Ben Silver appeared on cable access program Public Perspective TV, hosted by Kevin McDermott. During the half hour program, Maryam and Ben answered questions about the Citizen Advocacy Center's resources and shared stories of civic engagement. The program aired in February on Comcast Channel 19 and can be viewed on Public Perspective TV's website.
Upcoming Events (Free and Open to the Public)
Local Government Candidacy for Beginners
Are you interested in running for local office and want to know more about it? Here's your chance to ask those in-the-know!
1. 10:00 - 11:00 AM Presentations from eight local public officials
2. 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Roundtables by public body type for individual questions.
3. 12:30 to 1:30 PM Basics of getting and staying on the ballot.
4. 1:30 to 2:30 PM Campaign contribution regulations.
* This event is free and open to the public. This event is for educational purposes only and should not be considered to offer legal advice.
Saturday, April 14, 2018
10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
College of DuPage
Culinary & Hospitality Center, Waterleaf Restaurant
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Join the DuPage Human Race
WE RUN FOR DEMOCRACY. WE RUN FOR FREEDOM. WE RUN FOR JUSTICE.
CAC will participate in the Human Race, which is sponsored by Giving DuPage. The race is a 5K run or a 2-mile fitness walk that benefits CAC (and 70 other nonprofit organizations in DuPage County). This is going to be a great family-friendly event. Children and dogs are welcome!
Saturday, April 28, 2018
9:00 a.m. WHERE:
1901 W. Butterfield Rd., Downers Grove, Illinois